Scotia Square is the centre of everything that downtown Halifax has to offer. Restaurants, cafés, shopping, entertainment, and even the historic waterfront are only a short walk within the downtown network of enclosed pedways for year-round convenience.
Scotia Square is home to:
Lawtons Dollarama The Mix Food Court
The working population of the 12 office towers within three blocks is now over 12,000, with six of these buildings feeding into the Mall directly or via the pedway system. Plus, five Scotia Square residential buildings and five first class hotels surround the Mall.
The sunlit atrium over the centre court is a popular meeting and gathering place for shoppers and the business community, while just a few steps away, the busy Food Court and other food services offer tempting dishes to please any palate.
Ample customer/client parking is available in the 1,700-vehicle parkade.
- 266,900 square feet on 2 floors
- Fully air conditioned building
- New Smardt Chillers installed in 2007-2008
- Heating provided by two dual fired boilers (natural gas and light oil) with high efficiency Weishaupt burners
- Passenger and freight elevators
- Barrier-free controls
- Two escalators
- 14’ 6” Truck height from grade level
- 1 entrance/exit on Barrington Street
FIRE & SAFETY
- Alarm system rings into Crombie
- Sprinkler system
- New 625 kVa Caterpillar Emergency Generator with maintenance by-pass transfer switch
- New Simplex 4100U addressable fire panel
- Control room
- 24-hour security patrols and emergency telephone to Crombie’s control room
- 66 C.C.T.V. cameras throughout complex
- Mobile patrol
- New Chubb-Lenel OnGuard Proximity Card Access system
- 1,700-Vehicle parkade
- Pedway connection through Scotia Square parkade to Scotia Square and central business district
- Direct access to food court, restaurants, fitness centre and daycare
- Pedway connection to convention centre, first class hotels, casino and entertainment
- Scotia Square is recognized for excellence in environmental management and performance by the prestigious BOMA BESt group.