What to expect when visiting Scotia Square
May 26, 2020
We appreciate your patience as we work towards a new normal at Scotia Square. Although our building’s regular hours of operation remain the same at this time, some stores and businesses may wish to operate under different hours. We will continue to update our food court and retail hours @scotiasquare on Facebook and Instagram as we hear of them. Alternatively, please check directly with the business/store you plan to visit to confirm most up to date hours of operation.
While visiting, we ask you to please wear a non-medical mask, follow all signage, based on provincial guidelines, relating to physical distancing and good hygiene. Please do not enter the premises if you are experiencing respiratory illness symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose).
What else can you expect when on site at Scotia Square? See below the additional measures we have put in place to help keep our community safe.
Please feel safe visiting us
Cleaning and touch points
- From the beginning of this pandemic, we’ve increased frequency of cleaning at all sites, with increased attention to high touch points such as elevator buttons, escalator handrails, entrance and exit door handles, washroom door handles and fixtures, etc.
- Reduced touch points: doors may be propped open where practical and permitted by code.
- Signage will be in place to remind you to practice physical distancing and proper hygiene, follow directional signage and flow of traffic, designated entrances/exits, etc. Signs will be strategically placed to allow physical distancing and is an integral part of creating a safe environment for you, our customers, as well as our tenants and our employees.
Scotia Square employees
- Scotia Square employees will wear non-medical grade face masks while at work, to help protect each other, as well as our clients and customers, and are required to stay home if they exhibit new or worsening of symptoms that are not associated with allergies or chronic or pre-existing conditions.
- All employees will receive COVID-19 OH&S training, and key site personnel will receive COVID-19 advance cleaning training.
- Plexi has been installed at our client services desks, as well as some food court counters, to ensure physical distancing between our employees, service partners, and visitors.
Common areas and narrow corridors
- Reduced and/or rearranged food court seating, and other furniture, will allow for physical distancing.
In areas such as hallways, where 6’ of distance cannot be achieved, and where we cannot implement one-way flow of traffic, signage will be installed to ensure our customers and visitors are aware of this limitation, and, where possible, we will have personnel on-site to manage traffic flow.
- Hand wash stations will be located at entrances where possible.
- Hand sanitizing units will be located in common areas.
Stair and escalators
- No passing
- Keep right
- Keep three stairs of distance between individuals
- No more than 4 people will be permitted in an elevator (dependent on elevator size) except in circumstances of same household members or customers with special requirements.
Masks are now mandatory
- Floor decals in elevator cabs will show passengers where you should stand and which way you should face.
- Security or Crombie employees, and/or instructional signage, will be positioned at each central elevator lobby bay to advise passengers of new protocols.
- We will disinfect elevator touchpoints (buttons, handrails, doors) and apply disinfectant spray every hour.
- Every second urinal and sink will be marked with signage advising against use, to preserve physical distancing.
“Last serviced” signage will communicate Crombie’s commitment to providing a safe facility.
Government-issued signage will remind everyone of handwashing hygiene.
Floor decals and queue lines to promote physical distancing.
Hand sanitizers will be positioned at restroom access points.
Hours of Operation
- Scotia Square will remain open during regular operating hours, unless provincial or federal government requires differently. Some stores and businesses may wish to operate under different hours, so we suggest you check directly with the store you plan to visit or follow us @scotiasquare on Facebook and Instagram.
Members of our customer service teams will be on-site to guide our visitors and answer any questions you may have.
December 01, 2020
May 26, 2020
December 22, 2019
June 12, 2018