Our Green Initiative
Every building in our complex is proudly BOMA BEST Certified Gold
- Since we began greening our buildings in 2008, we have reduced energy consumption by over 12,000,000 KwH/year
- We have also reduced our annual water consumption by 35,000,000 gallons
- With the installation of motion sensor lighting in our office tower stairwells we now save almost 300,000 KwH/year
- We recycle an average of 235,000 lbs of cardboard and 260,000 lbs of paper products every year
- A complete lighting retrofit in our CIBC Building saves almost 400,000 KwH/year
- Our Bicycle Storage Facility has earned us the title of Most Cycling-friendly Landlord from the Halifax Cycling Coalition, two years in a row
- Our parkade features car charging stations, dedicated carpool parking, and is bullfrogpowered with 100% green energy
- A lighting retrofit in our parkade saves us over 1,000,000 KwH/year
Crombie REIT’s CIBC Building wins National TOBY Award
Crombie REIT, owners and managers of the CIBC Building, are the proud recipients of the BOMA Canada TOBY Award for Office Building (100,000 – 249,999 Sq. Ft.).
The TOBY (The Outstanding Building of The Year) Awards are the most prestigious and comprehensive awards of their kind in the commercial real estate industry recognizing quality in buildings and rewarding excellence in building management.
Clean Air Policy
Crombie’s Clean Air Environment Policy Statement
Rationale: Crombie is committed to providing a healthy, safe, and clean environment for everyone who works within or visits our Scotia Square complex.
Policy: The entire complex is designated a Clean Air Environment. This prohibits the acts of smoking or vaping on Crombie property. This policy applies to all individuals visiting the property, including but not limited to our employees, clients, their clients, visitors, and contractors.
Compliance: Crombie requests that all clients and visitors to the complex respect the clean air environment that we have created.
Questions about this policy may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or (902) 474-6618.