Our Green Initiative
Every building in our complex is proudly BOMA BEST Certified Gold
- Over the last ten years, the Scotia Square complex has reduced energy consumption by over 33%, or almost 18 million kWh.
- We have also reduced water consumption by over 33%, or over 19 million gallons.
- With the installation of motion sensor lighting in our office tower stairwells we now save almost 300,000 KwH/year.
- We recycle an average of 235,000 lbs of cardboard and 260,000 lbs of paper products every year.
- A complete lighting retrofit in our CIBC Building saves almost 400,000 KwH/year.
- Our Bike Room has earned us the title of Most Cycling-Friendly Landlord from the Halifax Cycling Coalition.
- Our parkade features car charging stations, dedicated carpool parking, and is bullfrogpowered with 100% green energy.
- A lighting retrofit in our parkade saves us over 1,000,000 KwH/year.
RECENT AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
Halifax Cycling Coalition Bike Award
BOMA Nova Scotia
Award of Excellence
Scotia Square, April 2019
Scotia Square Complex, Office Space
over 1,000,000 ft2, September 2019
Clean Air Policy
Crombie’s Clean Air Environment Policy Statement
Rationale: Crombie is committed to providing a healthy, safe, and clean environment for everyone who works within or visits our Scotia Square complex.
Policy: The entire complex is designated a Clean Air Environment. This prohibits the acts of smoking or vaping on Crombie property. This policy applies to all individuals visiting the property, including but not limited to our employees, clients, their clients, visitors, and contractors.
Compliance: Crombie requests that all clients and visitors to the complex respect the clean air environment that we have created.
Questions about this policy may be directed to email@example.com or 902 474-6618.