The workday for you and your employees couldn’t be easier, with on-site daycare, dedicated parking, and a direct connection to shops, services, entertainment, and everything downtown Halifax has to offer. In today’s workplace, employee satisfaction is key, and an office in downtown’s Duke Tower ensures you’ll create a team of happy campers. This building was renovated in 2018.
The best location in Halifax. Features an updated, modern lobby renovated in 2018, and fourteen floors with all the facilities necessary for the creation of efficient office layouts for all types of businesses. Because of its location within the Scotia Square complex, clients can take the elevator directly to over 80 shops and services of Scotia Square. An extensive pedway network links Duke Tower to the entire downtown core and its range of shops, services and entertainment.
- 251,022 square feet on 14 floors
- 11,500 square feet per typical floor
- Complete H.V.A.C. system with humidification system
- Four new Smardt Chillers installed in 2007-2008
- Heating provided by two dual fired boilers (natural gas and light oil) with high efficiency Weishaupt burners
- 4 Dover elevators
FIRE & SAFETY
- Alarm system rings into Crombie’s Client Services control room
- New 2-stage Simplex 4100U addressable fire panel
- New 625 kVa Caterpillar Emergency Generator with maintenance by-pass transfer switch
- Security patrols 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- 66 C.C.T.V. cameras in the complex.
- Mobile patrol
- New Chubb-Lenel OnGuard Proximity Card Access system
- Direct access to 1,700 vehicle parkade
- Entrance from Barrington Street
- Barrier-free access from Duke Street and parkade
- Unisex barrier-free washrooms
- Direct access to Scotia Square, food court, restaurants, first class hotels, daycare, fitness centre, casino and entertainment
- Duke Tower is recognized for excellence in environmental management and performance by the prestigious BOMA BESt group.